We are proud to present Joseph Rolella’s latest exhibition and cordially invite you and your guest to join us as we celebrate his show. Please contact us at the gallery with any enquiries. Continue reading
“I would like to welcome Palla back to Harvey Galleries for this very important solo exhibition…
Harvey Galleries cordially invite you and your guest to join us and Palla Jeroff to unveil his latest exhibition.
“I would like to welcome Palla back to Harvey Galleries for this very important solo exhibition. I consider these to be amogst his best works to date.” – Trevor Harvey.
BORN 1957 Urmchi Western China
2009 Studied and Researched new contemporary desert abstract style in Beijing
2007 Studied and researched New York studio
Palla studied Fine Art for seven years at the University of Xian. After his graduation, Palla engaged in artistic teaching and research for many years. He feels that artistic creation should be the distillation, the result of a colliding spirit and the physical world. He advocated artistic work, not to adhere to forms of impressions but the forms to yield to substance. The great diversity of Palla’s work is shown through his ability to use different mediums, such as watercolour, acrylic and oil painting.
“I’ve been searching for a pure art language for many years. In my pursuit I have experimented with quite different styles over the years. Finally, after 20 years I believe that I have found a solution. The painting is not what you paint but it is how you paint it. For the first time, I believe that this current body of work that I will show with Trevor Victor Harvey Gallery has fulfilled my pursuit and given me artistic satisfaction.”
– Winner of the Chinese Water colour Prize – figurative section, for artwork “Sunshine, Earth, Human” and collected by the Jiajiang Natural History Museum
– First Solo Exhibition with Trevor Victor Harvey Gallery, Sydney
– Documentary for Chinese Television, in association with Trevor Victor Harvey Gallery
– Solo Exhibition, Guangdong International Art Fair curated by Trevor Victor Harvey Gallery
– Solo Exhibition, Gallery M, Denver Colorado USA
– Wang Huangsheng collected “Portrait of a Young Man” from Trevor Victor Harvey Gallery in Sydney to hang in the Guangdong Museum’s permanent Collection
– Group Exhibition, Santa Fe Contemporary Art Fair, New Mexico USA
– Art Expo New York, curated by Trevor Victor Harvey Gallery, New York USA
– Solo Exhibition, Soho Gallery, Palm Springs USA
– Solo Exhibition, “Power of the Earth”, Guangdong Museum of Art, China
– Solo Exhibition, Linton and Kay Fine Art Gallery, Perth
– Established Beijing Art Studio (current)
– Solo Exhibition, White Box Art Museum in Beijing’s 798 Art district curated by Professor Zhao Li (Art Scholar, China Central Academy of Fine Arts)
– Group Exhibition, International Contemporary Shuimo (Ink) Invitational Exhibition, curated by Professor, Peng Feng, Shanghai Duolun Museum of Modern Art and toured to the Museum of Contemporary Art Beijing, China
– Solo Exhibition, Art Beijing, curated by Zhao Li, China
– Special invitation by the Vice President of International Relations Mr. He of The People’s Republic of China to be one of twelve international artists to travel to exchange cultural good will with Tibet
– Group Invitational Exhibition, Celebrating the 65th Anniversary of The People’s Republic of China, “The Global Chinese Painting & Calligraphy Exhibition”, invitation by Mr He (Vice President of International Relations) and the Cultural Minister Mr Cai, National Gallery, Beijing, China
– Selected as one of the top ten Chinese contemporary artists for “In Silence” Chinese Contemporary Art, Town Hall, Sydney. Curated by Zhao Li and opened by John McDonald
RVSP for Palla Jeroff ‘Desert’ Exhibition 2009
Harvey Galleries was founded by the Harvey family in 1994 with an eye to establish a dynamic and inclusive contemporary art space on the North Shore of Sydney. For almost three decades we have expanded our reach to over three gallery locations and an ever expanding stable of the best artists Australia has to offer.
Harvey Galleries acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands upon which our galleries stand. The Guringai people (Seaforth), the Gadigal people of the Eora Nation (Sydney), and the Bunurong Boon Wurrung and Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung peoples of the Eastern Kulin Nation (Melbourne).
We pay our respect to Elders past and present.
Always be the first to know about exhibitions, events and new art releases.